NVIDIA OFED InfiniBand Driver for VMware® ESXi Server
InfiniBand adapter support for VMware ESXi Server 7.0 (and newer) works in Single-Root IO Virtualization (SR-IOV) mode.
Single Root IO Virtualization (SR-IOV) is a technology that allows a network adapter to present itself multiple times through the PCIe bus. This technology is used in conjunction with an SR-IOV enabled hypervisor to provide virtual machines direct hardware access to network resources, such as RDMA, delivering high performance to guest applications.
View the matrix of VMware VPI/InfiniBand driver versions vs. the supported hardware and firmware for NVIDIA® products.
Also visit VMware Infrastructure's product page and download page and the VMware vSphere™ product page.
- Local Area Network (LAN) and Storage Area Network (SAN) functionality is available over unified server I/O using high bandwidth and low latency InfiniBand connectivity
- Compute & Storage linear scalability across multiple VMs
- Ability to expose multiple network and storage adapters over a single physical InfiniBand port allowing the same 'look and feel' of traditional storage and network devices
- Completely transparent to VMs as applications in VMs continue to work over legacy interfaces that have been already qualified on
- All VMware ESXi Server supported guest operating systems are supported
Mellanox OFED Driver for VMware® ESXi Server
NOTE: Please be advised that NVIDIA has qualified only the official major updates released by VMware. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- For the HCL click here. Please note that the HCL includes all the supported NVIDIA VPI controller PCI Express Device IDs (DIDs). Hence, any NVIDIA adapter card with a supported VPI controller is supported as well.
- For the list of NVIDIA IB/VPI cards and their PCI Device IDs, click here
- For the list of IB OFED Driver for VMware ESX 3.5 and 4.x, see the Archive Tab
NVIDIA OFED Driver for VMware® ESXi Server