OFED from OpenFabrics Alliance (www.openfabrics.org) has been hardened through collaborative development and testing by major high performance I/O vendors. MLNX_OFED is an NVIDIA tested and packaged version of OFED that supports two interconnect types using the same RDMA (remote DMA) and kernel bypass APIs called OFED verbs – InfiniBand and Ethernet. Up to 400Gb/s InfiniBand and RoCE (based on the RDMA over Converged Ethernet standard) over 10/25/40/50/100/200/400GbE are supported.
Linux Inbox Drivers
Linux Drivers for Ethernet and InfiniBand adapters are also available Inbox in all the major distributions, RHEL, SLES, Ubuntu and more.
View the explanation of MLNX_OFED OS support models and information about OFED LTS for NVIDIA products.
- The NVIDIA ConnectX adapter family can run InfiniBand and Ethernet traffic simultaneously on two ports
- Single software stack that operates across all available NVIDIA InfiniBand and Ethernet devices and configurations such as mem-free, up to 400Gb/s, and PCI Express modes 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0
- Support for HPC applications for scientific research and AI
- Support for data center applications such as Oracle 11g/10g RAC, IBM DB2, Financial services applications such as IBM WebSphere LLM, Red Hat MRG, NYSE Data Fabric
- Support for high-performance block storage applications utilizing RDMA benefits
Note: By downloading and installing MLNX_OFED package for Oracle Linux (OL) OS, you may be violating your operating system’s support matrix. Please consult with your operating system support before installing.
Note: MLNX_OFED 4.9-x LTS should be used by customers who would like to utilize one of the following:
- NVIDIA ConnectX-3 Pro
- NVIDIA ConnectX-3
- NVIDIA Connect-IB
- RDMA experimental verbs library (mlnx_lib)
- OSs based on kernel version lower than 3.10
Note: MLNX_OFED 5.4/5.8-x LTS should be used by customers who would like to utilize NVIDIA ConnectX-4 onwards adapter cards and keep using stable 5.4/5.8-x deployment and get:
- Critical bug fixes
- Support for new major OSs